Birkin bangs—a style made famous in the 70s by fashion icon Jane Birkin—have been popping up on red carpets, Instagram feeds, and runways everywhere. They’re modern, edgy, and effortlessly cool; anyone can rock them with the right know-how! In this blog post, we’ll break down all you need to know about Birkin bangs: how to get them, how to maintain them, and most importantly, how to make sure that these trendy styles never look out of date. But, first, let’s dive into a stylist’s guide to modern Birkin bangs!
How to get the modern Birkin bangs to look
- Start with a blunt cut around your face, leaving enough length to create full bangs.
- Make sure that the ends of the bangs are straight across and form a “V” shape at the center of your forehead.
- Use a round brush and blow dryer on medium heat to achieve maximum volume in the bangs.
- Once dried, separate your bangs into two sections: one slightly thicker than the other (this will be used as a guide for curling) and mist each section with hairspray before curling them with an iron until they are fully curled and voluminous.
- Take your fingers and comb through the curls to shape them softer.
- Finally, finish off with a shine-enhancing spray for an extra glossy look. And voila! You now have modern Birkin bangs!
Once you’ve achieved the perfect style, use hairspray and/or serum to keep it in place all day long. With proper styling tools and products, your modern Birkin bangs will look amazing no matter how much time passes! Enjoy your fabulous new hairstyle!
The modern way to wear Birkin bangs
It is to keep the ends slightly longer than the bangs. This will give a softer and feminine look to your face frame, as opposed to a more edgy look that can be achieved with shorter lengths. To ensure you get the look right, have your hairdresser trim the ends of your bangs to be more symmetrical in length. Additionally, when styling Birkin bangs, try using a light hairspray or wax spray to hold them in place and help create texture. A texturizing spray is also great for adding extra volume and body to your hairstyle. Finally, depending on how long and thick your bangs are, you may need to use some bobby pins or barrettes to help secure the ends. With these tips, you can achieve a modern and stylish look with your Birkin bangs!
Once you have the perfect cut for your Birkin bangs, keeping them looking healthy and shiny is important. A good way to do this is by using an anti-frizz serum or hair oil when styling them. This will help tame any flyaways and also add shine to your hairstyle. Additionally, use a hydrating shampoo and conditioner specifically designed for colored hair to ensure that the color of your bangs stays vibrant and doesn’t fade over time. Finally, give yourself regular trims every 6-8 weeks, so your bangs stay in great shape. With these tips, you can keep your Birkin bangs looking gorgeous for years.
In conclusion, Birkin bangs are a great way to update your look and give you an edgy yet feminine style. You can easily achieve a modern take on this classic hairstyle with the right cut, products, and maintenance. So don’t be afraid to try something new-you might find yourself loving the outcome!